The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is a sector that is part of the Federal Ministry of Education headed by a Director who serves as an official Secretary for the Board. There is no Governing Board as the name suggests.
THE MANDATE OF THIS BOARD IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Policy Formulation – Creation of regular master plans to ensure the efficient and effective use of local and foreign scholarship and fellowship awards given to worthy Nigerian graduate and undergraduate students. It may involve consulting with the State Governments as well as with the Ministries of Foreign matters and with other bodies and agencies relevant to the issue.
- Application of Federal Government policy and programmes of local and foreign awarding scholarships to meritorious Nigerian students.
- Incorporation into Federal Government commitments to Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) and Multi-Lateral (Commonwealth) agreements for the awarding of Fellowship and Scholarship awards to Nigeria.
- Implementation of Presidential Special Scholarship for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) and NYSC EX-Corps Scholarship.
- Analysis, collection, collation publishing and dissemination of data and other details regarding student affairs, scholarships and Fellowship awards related to Nigeria.
- Monitoring and supervision for Federal Government Scholars in Tertiary institutions locally and overseas.
- Coordinating and advising States Scholarship Policies and Programmes through annual Coordinating Committee meetings with Secretaries from Federal as well as State scholarship Boards.
THE BOARD OPERATES UNDER FOUR (4) DIVISIONS AS FOLLOWS:
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA);
- Nigerian Awards;
- Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan; and
- General Duties
It is intended to alert the general public that the Federal Government scholarship application forms are in process. The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Adamu Adamu Mallam, interested and competent Nigerians to take part in 2022/2023 Federal Government Scholarship Awards for:
- The undergraduate (UG) studies are available within Russia, Morocco, Hungary and Egypt;
- Graduate (PG) studies are available in Russia (for students whose first degrees came from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Romania.
- Students who apply for undergraduate degree courses must hold at least five (7) distinctions (As and Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates the WASSCE and/orWAEC (May/June) exclusively in subjects that are important to their field of study, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates must not be older that two (2) two years old (2020 and 2021) for countries outside Africa in addition to African countries, the maximum age of the certification is one-year (2021) just.
- Age limits range between 17 and 20 years.
Scholarships Application Process
All applicants are required to upload the following documents online:
- Indigene letter
Note: Candidates selected by the Board must provide to the Federal Scholarship Board the following documents:
- Accurate copies of academic certificates
- The current International passport data page
- Specific Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- Birth Certificate & Indigine letter
- Police Clearance Certificate if required
It is intended to alert the general public that the Federal Government scholarship application forms are being developed.
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Adamu Adamu Mallam, interested and skilled Nigerians to apply for the 2022/2023 Scholarship Awards by the Federal Government for:
- Students pursuing Undergraduate (UG) studies that are tenable within Russia, Morocco, Hungary and Egypt;
- Graduate (PG) studies are available in Russia (for those whose initial degrees were earned in Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Romania.