The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), is an official Federal Government agency with the aim of developing indigenous human resources and petroleum technology in order to satisfy the requirements in the gas and oil sector, solicits applications from qualified applicants for the Overseas MSc and Ph.D. scholarships for specific programmes at selected universities under the PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The program was designed to give candidates the opportunity to gain access to a diverse range of expertise and facilities provided by top universities around the world. The scheme allows candidates to be encouraged to apply via PTDF for specific programmes at partner institutions. The award consists of travel tickets, payments for health insurance the payment of tuition and the cost of bench fees (where appropriate), and the allowances for expenses for living and accommodation.
The 2022/2023 award, applicants will be restricted in PTDF partner universities located in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia in the areas where that the scholarship’s standards will be maintained, and the goals of the scheme are most effectively achieved.
- Having a minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or 2nd Class lower (2.2) and relevant work prior experience
- The obligatory National Youth Service (NYSC) must have completed
- Should be computer literate
- Must Possess at least five credits at the O/level which include English Language and Mathematics.
- Statement of the purpose (maximum 500 words) in which you explain your reason(s) to conduct the study proposed and its significance to the sector and the anticipated impact on the development of the nation.
- The applicants must possess an National Identity Number (NIN) prior to applying for the award. It is important to remember that they will need for verification of their NIN prior to making an application (NIMC fees for verification apply).
- You must have completed the obligatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Should be computer-literate
- Applicants at a minimum, must have a Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree, and a valid second-degree diploma
- A research proposal for energy and oil industry (of no more than 5 pages) that includes: topic introduction, objective, methods and method of data collection
- All lecturers have to submit an official letter from their Vice Chancellor , confirming that they do not have any other scholarships. or any of the other scholarship
- The applicant must have an National Identity Number (NIN) prior to applying for the award. It is important to remember that they will need for verification of their NIN before submitting their application (NIMC fees for verification apply).
- The grant includes flights tickets, the payment of health insurance, the payment of fees for tuition and bench (where applicable) and allowances to cover the cost of living and accommodation.
Go to Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) on scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng to apply
- The Overseas Masters and PhD scholarships are awarded by the PTDF.
- Applicants must possess an National Identity Number (NIN) prior to applying for the award. It is also mandatory for applicants to confirm their identity prior filling out the application. (charges could be assessed).
- Current PhD candidates can only apply if their universities are part of those that are PTDF Partnership Universities as listed above.
- People who have been the recipients of some of PTDF grants in the past are not eligible to submit an application for the identical kind of programme, with the exception of an upgrade;
- Candidates who have attained of a higher qualification cannot be eligible to the same program.
- People who are recipients of any other scholarships are not required to be eligible to apply.
- Candidates who successfully pass the initial screening will be required to provide their transcripts. everyone is therefore recommended to make their transcripts in advance of the submission of their transcripts in anticipation of an eventual request.
Candidates are advised not to print copies of any of the documents listed below and include them on their applications online:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- Results of the WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO and the PINs included on application forms that allow PTDF to see the results at the O’level on the appropriate website.
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Masters Degree Certification (PhD Candidates only)
- The evidence of membership in professional associations