Are you a high school graduate seeking financial assistance? Are you a resident of a rural area in the United States of America?
Are you aspiring to study at a university accredited by the Hagan Foundation? The expenses of college can be quite daunting. Then, you must know about the THE HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM.
OVERVIEW OF THE HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP
The Hagan Scholarship is a scholarship program sponsored by the Hagan Foundation. The scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that is open to residents of the United States of America.
The grantor of this scholarship is Dan Hagan, who attended four public schools in the rural parts of the state of Missouri.
The scholarship, though, was named after Robert E. a man who was committed and very passionate about public services.
He was interested in the growth and welfare of the public. It was created for academically excellent students who need financial assistance.
These students have to be residents of areas of the country with residents of not more than fifty thousand (50,000).
This scholarship was also created to aid students in financial need to graduate college debt-free.
Students who wish to apply for this scholarship must be graduates of any public high school that is ruled by a school district.
The scholarship is offered to students who desire to obtain an after four years of study. It is renewable and is awarded every semester for eight semesters and four academic years.
The scholarship is open to students who are not up to the age of 30 at the time of receiving the award.
About six thousand dollars ($6,000) is awarded every semester, summing the entire funds for the student’s academic life to forty-eight thousand dollars ($48,000).
As mentioned earlier, this scholarship is merit-based, and eligible students (residents of a rural area with a population of not more than fifty thousand people in the United States of America who desire to acquire higher education in an accredited institution) must obtain a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.5, obtain a score of 23 in the American College Testing (ACT) examination, or must obtain a score of 1,200 in the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
Students who wish to apply for this scholarship must come from families whose adjusted gross income is not more than seventy-five thousand dollars ($75,000).
Although the amount awarded in the scholarship is forty-eight thousand dollars ($48,000), the value of the scholarship is about sixty-eight thousand dollars ($68,000). Students who are awarded this scholarship enjoy additional benefits.
In their first year at their chosen institution, they are given a thousand dollars to purchase items that are necessary for college.
In their second year of study, they are also given a thousand dollars to create and open a brokerage account.
In their third year, they benefit from up to eight thousand dollars to be used for studying abroad for a semester.
Finally, in their fourth or final year, they are given ten thousand dollars as earnings from the brokerage account created prior.
SUMMARY OF THE HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Hagan Scholarship Program is a program funded by the Hagan Foundation, designed and created to aid college students in graduating college debt-free.
The program provides scholarship opportunities for students who are residents of the United States of America.
These students have to be residents of a rural part of the country with no more than fifty thousand occupants.
The scholarship awards hundreds of students forty-eight thousand dollars ($48,000) from the beginning of their academic year until the end of their academic year.
Eligible students also have to meet certain requirements, as they have to be students who are academically excellent to be considered for this scholarship. The scholarship is renewable every semester.
Over time, about two thousand, nine hundred and thirty-three students have been awarded this scholarship. The foundation plans on awarding one thousand students for the class of 2024–2025.
The scholarship is open to students who want to attain a Bachelor’s degree from either a four-year course of study or that of two years.
Every semester, students receive funds of six thousand dollars. This begins from the first semester of the first academic year till the last semester of the fourth or last academic year. Applicants must desire to attain a degree in an accredited institution.
The scholarship also provides opportunities for awarded students to acquire skills which is not a usual part of their school’s curriculum.
COVERAGE OF THE HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP
- Students receive funds of forty-eight thousand dollars from which six thousand dollars is distributed per semester.
- The scholarship covers tuition, fees, room, books, board, transportation costs for the student, and supplies.
REQUIREMENTS/ELIGBILITY/CRITERIA FOR THE HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- Applicants must be legal or permanent residents of the United States of America.
- He or she must be a resident of a rural part of the country with a population of not more than fifty thousand.
- He or she must obtain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5, a score of 23 on the ACT, and 1,200 on the SAT examinations.
- Applicants must be graduates of public high schools.
- They must enroll in an accredited four-year college.
- He or she must not have been convicted of any act of felony.
- They must be students of the relevant graduating class.
- He or she must provide a complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) showing his/her Expected Family Contribution)
- Certain documents such as an eligibility confirmation from one’s high school guidance counselor, a letter of recommendation, an official transcript of one’s high school, a certificate showing the analysis of one’s financial need, photographs that are not larger than passport of the applicant, a driver’s license and a personal essay of about six paragraphs which edifies the committee about issues such as the interest of the applicant, his/her work experience if any and his/ her involvement any extra-curricular activity.
APPLICATION FOR THE HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP
NOTE: The application link is now open as it was so from the 1st of September 2023. Students who meet the requirements and eligibility standards for this scholarship can apply by clicking on the application option and following the required procedures via the link http://haganscholarship.org/
DEADLINE FOR THE HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP
The deadline for the application for this scholarship is December 1, 2023.
For more information, do visit the official website http://haganscholarship.org/
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the requirements for the 2023 Hagan scholarship?
As a student who desires to apply for the 2023 Hagan Scholarship, you must:
- Be a legal or permanent resident of a rural part of the United States of America with a population of fifty thousand.
- Have attended a public high school in the United States.
- Have obtained a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.5.
- Graduate after four years or less.
- Have completed the FAFSA stating vividly their EFC.
- Not have any record of conviction of a felony.
- Have a desire to attend an accredited institution.
- Possess certain documents as stipulated above.
How does one apply for the 2023 Hagan Scholarship?
The application link for the THE HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM has been activated and students who wish to apply for it via the website http://haganscholarship.org/
To access the scholarship application, applicants are expected to create a Username and Password. To do this, they must click on “New Use” after clicking on the link for the application.
What is the amount awarded by the Hagan Scholarship Foundation?
The total value of the THE HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM is sixty-eight thousand dollars. The amount given to students every semester is six thousand dollars and this is done till the last semester of the last academic year. The funds for the scholarship is forty-eight thousand dollars but students benefit the other twenty thousand dollars from other activities outside the school’s curriculum from the scholarship.
The THE HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM is unique as it covers a vast part of the awarded student’s academic life.
The scholarship also provides important and beneficial opportunities for students to acquire skills.
Are you eligible for this scholarship? application is now open! Do sure to apply and even you could be lucky.