Do you desire to increase the chances of school success for your children? Do you desire a lifelong love of learning for your children? Many research over the years have provided one key factor, greater than other factors such as the background of the student or the social status of the student. This factor is parental involvement. Parental involvement influences the educational life of children and this influence has wrought a number of notable significances. Do you desire to know the significance of your involvement as a parent in the education of your child or children? You have clicked on the right article as we will explore the significance of parental involvement in education.
Ensure you read till the end of this article to know how your involvement in the academic life of your child or children affects them.
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF PARENTS INVOLVEMENT IN CHILDREN’S EDUCATION?
Some parents view being involved in the education of their child or children as picking or dropping off their child or children from and at school. They may also see it as asking if the children have completed their homework. However, the American Psychology Association calls for a shared responsibility, whereby parents and the school staff work hand in hand to aid and improve learning, health and the development of children and young persons as well.
Parental involvement in child education is broad and can be both inside and outside of school. Parents can help their children by helping with their homework, monitoring homework completion, encouraging the children constantly, creating a time and a space for their Children’s study, volunteering for and participating in school activities, attending conferences for parents and teachers, as well as aiding the running of a school council.
As a parent, your involvement in your child’s education is very necessary and important as it has its significance on your child’s education. below are the top twenty significance of parental involvement in education. Ensure you read to the end to unlock another amazing chapter of parenthood.
You may also like these articles:
TOP TWENTY SIGNIFICANCE OF PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT IN EDUCATION
- HIGHER GRADES AND TEST SCORES: earning higher grades and scores is a significant of parental involvement in education. with a strong involvement of parents in the education of their child or children, the children are likely to attain better test scores and outstanding grades. Here, parents can get involved directly by aiding the child in explaining terms for him/her, by ensuring the study schedule of the child is kept or it can be done indirectly by relaying the educational progress of the child or children to their instructor who will then put them through.
- REDUCES ABSENTEEISM AND TRUANCY: Research has proven that parental involvement in education is pivotal as it reduces absenteeism and truancy. Many parents do not fully comprehend the impact of missing school. Absenteeism can affect a child’s immediate and future academic performance and being aware of how much your child or children miss school and classes is very important. Ensuring they attend classes and questioning them about their attended classes can aid in reducing absenteeism and truancy.
- GRADUATE AND FURTHER EDUCATION: More than forty-five years of research have shown that the involvement of parents in education contributes actively to the rate of graduation. This is regardless of the race, ethnicity or even the income of the children. Parental involvement in education increases school success rates, leading to higher on-time graduation rates and the participation of students in advanced courses.
- INCREASED ENGAGEMENT AND MOTIVATION IN CHILDREN: Parental involvement in children’s education will serve as a motivation for the children to do well. when you attend activities in your child or children’s school like sports day, Parents Teachers Association meetings, open day, concerts and other social events held in their schools, the child or children will be encouraged to put in more effort to make you proud. Your involvement by keeping a tab on their academic accomplishments and encouraging them regularly will also increase your child or children’s self-confidence and belief in his/her abilities. This leads to an increase in their school activities and tasks.
- INCREASED ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE: Being actively involved in your child’s education will increase their academic performance. Monitoring your child’s progress and providing him/her the needed support will promote academic excellence.
- BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR CHILDREN: This is an important significance of parental involvement in child education. When you get involved in the education of your child, you interact more with your child’s teachers and the school body. This will aid a better understanding of the academic position of your child and his/her learning ability. This will aid better communication and consequent progress of your child.
- PROMOTES GOOD PARENT-TEACHER RELATIONSHIP: Parental involvement in education will ultimately incite frequent communication between parents and teachers, thereby fostering a conducive environment for a good relationship between both parties.
- HIGH LEEVL OF SELF-CONFIDENCE: Your active participation in your child’s education and social events will make the child aware of your value and interest in his/her education and will elicit an increased self-esteem in your child.
- HIGHER ASPIRATIONS: When parents are involved in their child’s education, the children often develop higher career aspirations and a greater comprehension of education for future success.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Verbal and written skills of communication, which are vital for both academic and personal growth and success are developed in children through the involvement of their parents in their education.
- ATTENDANCE: Being involved in your child’s education means being aware of the impacts of missing school and classes. Parental involvement aligns with improved school attendance as parents who are interested and involved in their child/children’s education will prioritize consistent school attendance.
- CRITICAL THINKING: Critical thinking skills can be stimulated by parents through the engagement of their child in discussions school activities and tasks requiring problem-solving.
- COMMUNITY BUILDING: Parental involvement in child education goes beyond the walls of the individual families of the child or children. This involvement contributes largely to the development of a rigid and supportive school community.
- IMPROVED BEHAVIOUR: This is an important significance of parental involvement in education as this involvement is connected with the improved behavior of children. When interests are taken by parents in their child’s education, reinforcement of positive behaviors and values is possible.
- SENSE OF BELONGING: Involvement of parents in their child’s education aids in creating a sense of belonging within the school community for both the parent(s) and the child or children. This feeling of being connected contributes immensely to a positive school experience, improving the educational journey.
- TIME MANAGEMENT: The importance and the need for effective time management and organization are taught to children by their parents through parental involvement in their education. when parents plan and create a workable schedule for their child or children, they are contributing to the development of necessary life skills such as efficient use of time which will aid them in all spheres of their lives.
- HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE: Parental involvement is not only secluded to the academic life of children but also goes beyond to influence other aspects of the lives of their children such as their health. Parents can encourage healthy lifestyle choices such as adequate engagement in physical activities, and proper nutrition which adds to the overall well-being of their child or children.
- BENEFITS TEACHERS: As a result of the improved class conditions and culture, Parental involvement in education also benefits teachers. Through parental involvement, teachers learn more about their students. this knowledge will help them to make better academic preparations. Having the support of parents as well will help them to take the risk of driving their students to take their academics more seriously.
- CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION: Encouraging creative pursuits and innovative thinking is an important aspect of parental involvement. Parents can foster a sense of innovation by supporting their children’s exploration of sciences, arts, technology and any other creative fields.
- PLATFORMS TO ASK QUESTIONS: This is also a significance of parental involvement in education. being involved in your child’s education gives you an audience in platforms such as Parent-Teacher Associations where you can voice out your opinions on issues you feel should be addressed. Parental involvement in education makes room for change elicited by constructive dialogue between the parents and the school.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why is parental involvement important in early childhood education?
Parental involvement in early childhood education is important because it aids in extending education beyond the classroom, it also creates an even more positive experience for the children as well as aids in increasing their academic performances.
Above in this article are the top twenty significance of parental involvement in education.
What is the impact of parental involvement on the academic performance of students?
Parental involvement in the education of students has proven to increase the attendance rate of such students to 98%, ultimately contributing to academic excellence.
This article explores the top twenty significance of Parental involvement in education.
Why are parents important?
Parents are important because they protect and care for their children, create an environment which is conducive to promoting the overall well-being of the child as well as well and provide for their child or children.
Parental involvement in education cannot be overemphasized and should be upheld as it has a myriad of impacts on the academic and personal growth of the child. Parental involvement in education helps in shaping the life of the children, leaving lifelong impacts in their lives and is crucial for the child’s overall achievements and future success. By actively involving in the educational life of your child, you can influence him/her positively, preparing them for the future. To learn more, visit Smartnib.com.