Youngstown State University International Undergraduate GPA-Based scholarship
Youngstown State Scholarships aims at admitting talented and academically prepared international students—the program awards eligible students from $1000 to $5000 per year. The scholarship is known to be quite competitive, so there are several criteria for the scholarship.
The scholarship value of $1000 requires up to 3.0 to 3.39 high school GPA or equivalent. For a $2,500 scholarship value, a high school GPA of 3.4 to 3.69. While the $5000 grant required a documented rank of 1st in class.
Youngstown State University College Scholarships
This scholarship is for international first-year students only. The value of scholarship value range from $1000 to $4000. This scholarship offers $1000 honors tuition, which is renewable for up to four years. There is also the $ 2000-honor housing grant which is renewable for up to two years.
If renewed for four years, the estimated value of the scholarship for tuition is $4000 in total. While the grant for housing, if continued for two years, is estimated to be $4000 in total. The minimum criteria for this scholarship is 26 ACT or 1240 SAT and a 3.5 GPA. The renewable requirement includes 24 credit hours per academic year, a minimum of 12 hours per term, and a 3.0 overall GPA.
YSU Transfer Student Scholarship
This Youngstown State scholarship is for transfer students, just as the name implies. To be considered for this scholarship, international transfer students need to turn in their official college transcript. This transcript should be provided on the first day of the international student’s orientation, on their first enrolled semester.
How to submit Transcripts and Degree certificates
Youngstown State University accepts scanned copies of official high school credentials in PDF format. The acceptance is conditional until the final official high school transcript or diploma is received in the international programs office. The documents are required to be submitted to the university as early as possible, according to the given date. Students who do not submit before the deadline will be administratively withdrawn from the university, and all scholarships received will be withdrawn.
You may also like these articles:
What does a Student need to do to gain full admission to Youngstown State College Scholarship?
To be fully admitted, students who are on conditional admission need to complete the following:
- Mail their official transcript and certificate/diploma to the international admissions office.
- The other alternative for the above is submitting the official transcript or certificate in a sealed envelope with an official stamp. This should be submitted at the international student orientation upon reaching YSU.
- Next, the student needs to request the test center to send an official Language Test report to the YSU office for international admissions.
- For students going for the international Freshman and pathway program, they are required to submit an official transcript and diploma to the international student office during orientation. The student can decide to send it through mail or in person.
- For international transfer students, they are mandated to submit all official college transcripts before a YSU I-20 is issued. If the applicant is already enrolled in college, the person needs to submit the current status of the enrolled courses and the final college transcripts. This should be submitted on the first day of the international student orientation.
- For graduate international student programs, follow the requirements for graduate official document submission.
Frequently Asked Question
How do I apply for the scholarship at Youngstown State University?
Students are required to submit the YSU undergraduate admission application, along with their transcripts, in order to be qualified for the scholarships.
What is a red and White scholarship?
The SV Red and White scholarship is the largest academic scholarship program awarded by the Saginaw Valley State University. Students are required to have a minimum of 2.5 out of 4.0 GPA, to be qualified for the scholarship.
How much is Youngstown State Tuition?
The Youngstown State local tuition cost about $10 o21 USD, while the domestic tuition cost around $10, 381 USD.
What is the YSU Foundation scholarship?
The YSU Foundation scholarship refers to the Youngstown State University Foundation, which is an independent and non-profit organization that offers resources for privately held funds aimed at supporting YSU students through scholarships.
The Youngstown State University scholarship offers students the opportunity to gain a quality education. Eligible students are considered for a number of YSU foundations scholarship, ranging from sports scholarships, transfer student scholarships, international students, and more. This article has examined what the Youngstown State University scholarship is, the eligibility, the different scholarship, and some frequently asked questions. If you have any questions concerning this scholarship, let us know in the comment section. Visit Smartnib.com. for more scholarship news.